Byron Bay Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Byron Bay. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Byron Bay event simply Login
Events in and around Byron Bay
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in and Around Byron Bay, NSW
Byron Bay, located on the eastern coast of Australia, is a scenic coastal town known for its beautiful beaches, lush hinterland, and laid-back atmosphere. The town hosts a range of events throughout the year, including festivals, markets, and sporting events. Whether you're a local or a first-time visitor, there's always something happening in and around Byron Bay. Below are some of the seasonal fun and exciting events that you can enjoy in this vibrant coastal town.
Byron Bay is a popular destination during the summer months, with plenty of sun, surf, and sand. The town comes alive during this time, with a range of festivals, markets, and outdoor activities for everyone to enjoy. Highlights of the summer season in Byron Bay include:
- The Byron Bay Surf Festival: This annual festival celebrates all things surfing, with art displays, surf films, music, and surfing competitions. It's a great event for surfers and non-surfers alike and runs for three days in February each year.
- The Byron Bay Farmers Market: Held every Thursday morning, this market is a great place to sample fresh local produce, browse handmade crafts, and catch up with locals. It's a popular spot for both tourists and locals alike.
- The Falls Festival: This popular music festival takes place over the New Year period and brings together a range of international and local musicians across three stages. It's a fun-filled event with a lively atmosphere that draws visitors from across the country.
As the temperatures start to cool, the crowds in Byron Bay start to thin out, but there's still plenty to see and do in the area. From relaxing outdoor markets to scenic walking trails, there's something for everyone to enjoy during this time of year. Highlights include:
- The Mullumbimby Farmers Market: This weekly market is located just a short drive from Byron Bay and offers a range of fresh produce, artisanal foods, and handmade crafts. It's a great way to spend a Saturday morning and support local businesses.
- The Byron Bay Lighthouse Walk: This scenic walking trail takes you from the town center up to the iconic Byron Bay Lighthouse, offering stunning views of the coastline along the way. It's a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- The Sample Food Festival: This annual food festival showcases the best of local and regional food and wine, with stalls, tastings, and cooking demonstrations. It's a must-visit event for foodies and runs in late autumn each year.
While the temperatures may be cooler during the winter months, there's still plenty of fun and excitement to be had in and around Byron Bay. From whale watching to cozy cafes, there's something for everyone to enjoy during this time of year.
- The Byron Bay Film Festival: This annual film festival showcases the best of local and international films across a range of genres, with screenings, workshops, and Q&A sessions. It's a great event for movie buffs and runs in June each year.
- The Byron Bay Writers Festival: This annual festival brings together a range of writers, thinkers, and storytellers for three days of panels, talks, and workshops. It's a great opportunity to meet new people and learn about the craft of writing.
- Whale Watching: June to November is prime whale watching season in Byron Bay, with boats departing daily to catch a glimpse of these majestic creatures. It's a truly awe-inspiring experience that's not to be missed.
As the temperatures start to warm up, so too does the event calendar in Byron Bay. From art exhibitions to music festivals, there's plenty to see and do during the spring months. Highlights include:
- Byron Bay Artisan Market: This monthly market showcases a range of handmade crafts, artisanal foods, and local artworks. It's a great place to pick up unique souvenirs and support local artists.
- The Byron Bay Bluesfest: This iconic music festival has been running for over 30 years and attracts a range of international and local musicians across a range of genres. It's a must-visit event for music lovers and runs in April each year.
- The Byron Bay International Fashion Festival: This annual event showcases the best of Australian and international fashion, with runway shows, exhibitions, and pop-up shops. It's a great opportunity to experience the latest trends and styles.
Byron Bay Visitor Centre:
Address: 80 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: (02) 6680 8558
Byron Bay Markets:
Address: Butler St Reserve, Byron Bay
Phone: 0414 882 472
Byron Bay Surf Festival:
Address: 2/35 Fletcher St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: 0457 132 413
Address: Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: (02) 6621 5900
Byron Bay Artisan Market:
Address: Railway Park, Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: 0448 127 860
Byron Bay Bluesfest:
Address: 11-13 Tasman Way, Belongil Beach NSW 2481
Phone: (02) 6639 9800
Byron Bay International Fashion Festival:
Address: 1-3 Byron St, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Phone: (02) 5614 6290